Thursday

Rained Out Siren


"A little about me? My name is Candie. I went to The Art Institute and studied Graphic Design, I only had a year left until I finished with my BA but I had aonce in a lifetime opportunity to go to China, so I took it and withdrew from schooling. 
My trip to China introduced me to the e-commerce/wholesale world where I started my, now 2 year old, company, The Mermaid Life. I designed my first 10 pieces of swimwear, the website, logo, all digital marketing, handled fulfillment, customer service, and produced a couple of trunk shows... you name it, I did it. 
My first year I killed it and I did all of the actual work on my own, with the financial support of my one investor. Long story short: Life threw me a curveball and I was forced to walk away from the life I had worked so hard to build. Taking what inventory I had left, I moved back to the states and started my life over. This past year has been hell on earth for me, but I refuse to give up and I'm working hard to prove that I can make it without the help of anyone but myself." 




No comments:

Post a Comment